Friday, October 26, 2007

We made the stride..

Last Sunday, GC and I participated in the Cancer Society event to raise money for breast cancer. We walked five miles through Central Park on one of the most beautiful days so far. Many (or all rather) know why this is such an important cause for me, and I tried to do walks as much as I can in memory of my mother. It's crazy that over 15 years have gone by, and still no advance in the fight other than early detection. No exciting stories, sadly.. it was more of somber day for me than anything else, but combined GC and I raised $250 to donate to the Cancer Societ for Breast Cancer research. enjoy the beautiful pictures of Central Park. If you'd like to see more, they're up at http://kodakgallery.com/emilyprovansal.




1 comments:

nicole aka gidget said...

Em- I'm crying right now, literally! I just wanted to know that I love you! And I always think of you when I see a pink ribbon.