Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Birthday suprises!

The best birthday weekend!!
12 a.m. on Friday, March 28th- GC blind folded me and took me over to Newark airport to get my "surprise." My surprise was my sister and Jefe (jeff) flew in for my birthday weekend! The BEST surprise EVER!!!! (pictures to be posted later!)

During the day- Chipotel (chipotle) with co-workers. Sadly, the don't allow margaritas off the premises.. why..oh why!

Friday night- Beers, bowling and Magnolia cupcakes!! Nicole and GC pulled one over on me and ordered Magnolia cupcakes as part of my little shin-dig at Gutter. Gutter is an amazing bar/bowling alley in Brooklyn. What a better way to spend turning 27 then with a few beers and a couple hours bowling. My little cruise ship director also had an escalade waiting for us to take us all back home. I felt like p-diddy with my pimped out rims and leather seats.


Saturday night there were more surprises as we all dressed up and went to one of my favorite NYC spots, Fig & Olive for a little post-bday dinner.
(credit: eater)

We then headed over to the W Hotel for a few drinks. If you get there early enough, and have GC flash his pearly whites, you apparently end up with a free bottle-service bungalow at the downstairs bar. We decided that we're going to throw our going away party there.. more on that later!

Sunday- Nicole and Jefe wanted to go through Central Park (those pictures to come)... so we did a great job of getting up early and heading into the city for a bit. Our quick trip to Starbucks really needs to be given credit here, but we saved room for our Italian feast! Gelsie, GC's mom, is the most amazing cook. Dinner's at the Pacheco's household are never quick and guests need to be forwarned about the amount of food that will be bistowed upon them. Either way, it's good.. and a good time!

So now I'm at home in California. GC and I head up to San Francisco on Friday for Jenn's wedding and then back down to Orange County and San Diego to spend time with the familia! 27- so far, so good!

Fig & Olive (Meatpacking district)
www.figandolive.com

0 comments: