Monday, February 18, 2008

V-day!


This year was my year to plan Valentine's day... and since GC and I have a lot of expenses coming up in May (full announcement to come in April!) we decided to hang low this year... which means I get to practice cooking! I made a picnic in my empty living room and attempted to make it something fun for us.

I'm not a good cook. I don't claim to be a good cook. I know a few staples here and there, but I've found that in my downtime, I love to watch the Food Network. Not that I can ever cook half the stuff that they make, but I love the idea that it's all right there. So this year, I thought I'd try something new, and I cooked Paella. If I believed in former lives (and I don't) I would believe that I was once a product of Spanish family. I love tapas, paella... anything and everything from Spain. Paella is a spanish rice dish that incorporates peppers, chorizo, shrip, chicken, any kind of meat that you want, with any kind of vegtables that you want.

The recipe was simple enough and I made a few little hor d'oeuvres to hold us over until the paella was done (spanish olives with crostini and sundried tomato goat cheese, and shrimp cocktail) However, in the rush to get everything set up, I forgot to get pictures of the creations...although I included a sample paella photo haha. All-in-all it was a great evening. I had more fun setting everything up than anything else!


Now, what to cook next....

1 comments:

nicole aka gidget said...

I was super impressed with the Paella when I saw the picture, until you said it was a "sample"- haha!! Anyways, I'm sure it was good and your date looked fun!